Breastfeeding is not only best for you and your baby, it can also be one of the biggest challenges. With the lack of support and public knowledge, many new mothers can have difficulty with this beautiful component of the mother/baby relationship. My personal breastfeeding experience and training has allowed me extensive knowledge about the way that breastfeeding works and how to identify and deal with different situations.
Each breastfeeding session is held in the comfort of your own home. This is to optimize the outcome for you and your baby. Breastfeeding support is recommended for the first 6 weeks after baby is born.
During the support the following will be done:
- Review your history (birth, past breastfeeding experience, and anything can affect breastfeeding)
- An assessment of the baby's feeding will be taken
- You will be provided information and tips to aid in feeding
- and much more
- Most breastfeeding consultations last for 1.5-2 hours
Birthing Days offers lactation support as a two-visit package to ease your concerns and help you explore potential solutions. The follow up session evaluates the solutions that were implemented and ensures that the needs of both mother and baby are being met.
New Birthing Days Clients
60 minute initial consultation – $80
60 minute follow up visits – $40*
Existing Birthing Days Clients
60 minute initial consultation – $70
60 minute follow up visits – $30*
* Please note the travel fee is included in the initial consultation. Follow-up visits farther than 10 miles from Forest Grove will incur a $15 fee per visit