Birth Doula Services
As women, we are so blessed to be able to have the ability to experience a sacred connection with our babies during pregnancy and birth. A woman’s birth experience can really magnify that connection. The satisfaction of a woman’s birth experience influences the way she feels about herself, and her abilities as a mother.
When a woman advocates for herself, and is able to fully experience and embrace the birth of her child, in whatever circumstance or occasion, she is left feeling confidant, and empowered. My goal as your doula is to support you, and assist you in achieving a birth that is reflected upon as a positive experience, as you define it.
Birthing Days offers 30 minute, no obligation telephone or video consultations for all prospective clients. This is a time for you to get to know your doula and ask any general questions you may have. At the end of the consultation you will go over the terms of the labor agreement. Your due date will be held for up to ten (10) days after your consultation.
My Services Include
- At our initial interview we will get to know each other and talk about your plans for birth. Bring your questions and your birth partner! I suggest you interview more than one doula to ensure that you choose the one that is right for you and your family. Our initial one hour visit is free of charge to see if we are a right fit for each other.
- 1-2 prenatal visits in your home to assess your needs and desires for the birth, define and understand our expectations of one another, and provide you with useful tools for labor and birth.
- Optional visit with your care provider at one of your prenatal appointments.
- Phone, text, and email support throughout your pregnancy and early postpartum period.
- Help creating a birth plan to help you clarify your preferences for birth and explain the options available to you.
- Access to my lending library of childbirth materials to support your learning in preparing for the birth, breastfeeding and newborn care.
- “On call” labor support starting at 37 weeks until baby is delivered. This means that I will arrange my personal schedule so that I am not out of town during this time.
- During your birthing day, I am ready to support you in person wherever you choose to labor. I will follow you to your place of delivery and stay with you until your baby arrives. I typically stay for 1-2 hours after birth.
- I will contact you 1-2 days after your birth to setup your postpartum visit. During this visit I will come to meet you and baby at home usually around 5-7 days postpartum. I like to use this time to talk to you about your birth, help with any breastfeeding issues, admire and celebrate your new baby and answer any questions you have about your postpartum time.
- I am also available as a postpartum doula please see my Postpartum page for available packages.
Birth Doula Package
A complete birth package is $800 (within 15 mile radius of Forest Grove & $900 within 30 mile radius). A non refundable deposit of $400 is required when the contract is signed to hold your due date and cover the prenatal visits. The remaining $400 (or $5oo) is due by 36 weeks.
* discounts available for repeat clients as well as home births.
A one hour prenatal appointment to make a Birth Plan for you to take to the hospital/childbirth center with you $50.
A 50% non refundable booking fee is required at the time the service contract is signed. The remaining balance is to be paid in full by the start of the first shift.
Please check with your insurance provider if doula services are covered for reimbursement through your flex spending account (FSA), health savings account (HSA), or health reimbursement account (HRA).
N0TE: payment plans are available for those in financial need. I truly believe in the positive benefits of doula care, and do not want financial need to make those services inaccessible to mothers who desire them.